All to Jesus I Surrender

To Him who sits on the throne and unto the
Lamb be glory, power and dominion forever.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Weakness in prayer-sometimes the perfect place to be

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:26,27

The above Scripture has been going through my mind the past few days. It is such a comfort to know that during the times that I am unable to pray, where no words will come, when all I can do is cry, "LORD!", He is in fact petitioning the Father in my stead. His prayers are perfect and He prays "in accordance with God's will." How many times have I said "Your will be done" and still struggled to maintain my will! How patient and faithful He is to bear with my folly and continue to groan on my behalf in spite of my own impatience and unfaithfulness!

My Father and my God, I thank You for the way You have made a way for the longings of my heart will be filled! And I thank You for the intercession not just for my imperfect prayers, but for the way Jesus interceded in the course of my merry and miserable journey to Hell. You bring Life to dead places. You know the dead heart of Man, and in Your people You bring these dead hearts to Life! You have taken this heart that was once a cold piece of stone and transformed it into a temple in which the Spirit now resides. Apart from You I cannot be.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home