All to Jesus I Surrender

To Him who sits on the throne and unto the
Lamb be glory, power and dominion forever.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Chris Tomlin concert

"How Can I Keep From Singing" by Chris Tomlin

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring
And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives
And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And I fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne

Last night something happened. Something happened to my mind, to my soul, to my entire being. On a smaller scale, I have personally known and experienced this certain phenomenon before. I think it can be said that these happenings are in many ways the same and at the same time, different.

What happened? Heaven happened!

The crowded amphitheater, filled with worshippers from every tribe, tongue, and nation became an extension of the Throne Room. Became the altar at the Mercy Seat. For a lingering moment in time every burden, every care, every hurt didn't exist. There was a conjoining of the Church triumphant and the Church militant, the Bride of Christ reaching out to Him, dancing for Him, lavishing Him with praise.

Words cannot adequately express the full scale of what happened. It was very real and very supernatural. It was so much more than a praise and worship concert. It was a receiving of the love of Jesus being poured out over His loved ones. It was a place where the enemy dared not enter. It was a biology lesson, astronomy lesson, and sermon all rolled up together. It was grace and mercy blanketing sinners who's likeness to Him is becoming more clear as He grows our faith. It was humbling, making me smaller and Him bigger. It was God revealing His plan to make all things new. It was all this and more. Above all, it was a momentary glimpse of Eternity, when all the angels and the saints will forevermore praise the Lamb in one accord.

I left the amphitheater praising Him; I went to bed praising Him; I woke up praising Him. I'm even sure that during my slumber I was praising Him. Twenty four hours later, I am still praising Him!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

I love, love, love that song! So many folks have sung it over the years, but the original credit goes to Robert Lowry and Ira Sankey. Good to "see" you again. Will we see you for real at the HSC conference this year?

Monday, 19 March, 2007  
Blogger Dessie aka Dixiegirl 4 Him said...

Hey there Valerie!
Great to hear from you! I probably wont be able to make it up there this year :( I would really love to go, but at this time, I'm not sure if it's going to happen. If I dont, I look forward to hearing about it from you.

Tuesday, 20 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home